( of )
The Early Center for Christian Education & Worship
This renovation project transformed historic Spence Hall, a former library originally constructed in 1897, into the Early Center for Christian Education and Worship, a multi-purpose facility at Union Presbyterian Seminary. The former library stacks were demolished to create the three-story open space.
Other areas in the 37,000 square-foot building include classrooms, administrative offices, conference rooms and a full-service kitchen. In the chapel, giant side doors can be opened to gain additional seating for two adjacent classrooms. The doors connecting the chapel and the classrooms were built on-site and weigh nearly 1,500 pounds each.