The Redskins training camp has come and gone, so now many are wondering how it went. While there aren’t any final numbers in yet, we have been able to gather some data to give a good idea of the success of training camp.
Redskins fans outperform any other NFL team
We pulled training camp attendance numbers from other NFL teams. While the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers are typically the gold standard for attendance, around 100,000 or more, the Redskins outperformed even those numbers!
Here are the training camp attendance numbers along with those reported from other teams:
Look at what Mike Shanahan had to say:
“It went as good as it possibly could. The field, weight room and (athletics) training room were excellent.”
Stats from 165,571 to 1
In a recent Style Weekly article, it reported some fun statistics from 1 to 165,571 about the Redskins training camp:
- 165,571: People counted entering the gates.
- 34,000: Bottles of water consumed by Redskins’ players and staff.
- 25,222: People counted entering the gates on Fan Appreciation Day.
- 18,000: Bottles of Gatorade consumed by players and staff.
- 15,000: Meals consumed by staff and players.
- 10,350: Average number of people counted entering the gates daily.
- 4,500: Barbecue sandwiches sold on site by Famous Dave’s.
- 4,400: Total number of nights spent by all players and staff in local hotels.
- 900: Happy Meals delivered to camp by the neighboring McDonald’s.
- 900: Regional visitors’ guides distributed to fans.
- 450: Media credentials issued.
- 300: Volunteers.
- 17: Days of Redskins training camp.
- 14: Porta-Johns available to fans inside the gates.
- 3: Sandwiches named for RGIII by local restaurants.
- 1: Helicopter used to dry the field.
We are extremely pleased with the success of the first Redskins training camp in Richmond at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center and are proud to have been a part of the “team” that made it possible. Although the final report from the local visitor’s bureau is not complete, we can confidently say this year’s training camp was definitely a touchdown.
Like what you've read?Subscribe >